Shoulder, Elbow, and Hand Pathology Course
Presented by Hands-On Faculty
- Type – Online/Live
- Duration – 26 CEU Hours
- Appropriate for - PTs, PTAs, OTs, OTAs, LMTs, ATCs, and Physicians
- Language – English
- Why in most cases treatment for bicipital tendonitis fail? What is the solution?
- How to avoid surgery for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome? A 10-minute treatment!
- Challenged by Frozen shoulder? A treatment that really works!
- What treatment can cause the greatest positive change in 24 hrs?
- Failed Tennis Elbow treatments? Get it resolved in 1 session Hybrid Evidence Problem-Based Manual Therapy for Shoulder – Elbow & Hand Pathology course!
This is a Hybrid (Live & Online) experiential hands-on seminar that teaches the most successful approaches for the evaluation and treatment of Shoulder – Elbow and Hand pathology and has been attended by over 30,000 therapists world-wide. This is a training seminar with immediate clinical applications. Participants learn a comprehensive therapeutic approach for the evaluation and treatment of:
- Rotator Cuff Pathology
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Frozen Shoulder
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Trigger finger
- Trigger Thumb
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Ulnar nerve Entrapment at Cubital Tunnel or Guyon’s Canal
Orthopedic, Neurologic and Pain conditions can effectively be treated with this method.
The Online program covers basic theory and the following evidence-based manual therapy techniques for Shoulder – Elbow and Hand Pathology:
- Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy
- Strain & Counter-Strain
- Muscle Energy Technique
- Mobilization & Manipulation
- Proprioceptive Training
- Introduction to Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Imaging for Upper Extremity Pathology
The Live program teaches the Application of Evidence-Based Manual Therapy techniques in various Shoulder – Elbow and Hand pathologies using real clinical patient cases. This is the only manual therapy course to this date introducing Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Imaging as part of the Differential Diagnosis and Treatment of Upper Extremity Pathology.
This course is part of the MCMT® continuing education certification program that offers expanded study and clinical practicum in the most important, most effective, and most widely used areas of Manual Therapy.
This course offers a unique comprehensive approach for Shoulder – Elbow and Hand Pathology that combines over 56 years of cumulative clinical experience of Dr. Kostopoulos & Dr. Rizopoulos, authors of Best Selling Manual Therapy texts and founders of Hands-On Seminars, with many of the teachings of leading manual therapy doctors such as: Travell & Simons, Maitland & Cyriax, Butler, Elvey & Shacklock, Janda, Lewit, Chaitow, Kaltenborn, Paris & others. The MCMT® program offers the clinician a series of comprehensive evidence-based training seminars such as the Shoulder – Elbow and Hand Pathology course with immediate clinical applications that enable the clinician to demonstrate competency and become an expert in manual therapy.
The Live portion of the course contains extensive lab sessions of all evaluation and treatment techniques, presented in problem-based fashion after the student has mastered the theory and basic techniques through the online component of the course.
Students take the Online component (10 CEUs) of the course where they learn the basic theory and techniques followed by the Live program (another 16 CEUs) for technique application to specific clinical scenarios.
Suggested CEUs: 10 Online & 16 Live = 26 CEUs (dependent on state approval)
“At Hands-On Seminars we believe that any single manual therapy approach in isolation, and any single school of thought does not provide a cure for all patients’ problems. We believe that successful clinical outcomes are the result of a comprehensive, eclectic manual therapy approach. You as a therapist, need to master a number of manual therapy approaches so that you can select the proper combination for your specific patient. With Hands-On Seminars MCMT® program you get just that! We have selected for you – from a variety of physical therapy approaches – the most effective and efficient, evidence-based manual therapy techniques that when combined with proper assessments can lead to successful treatment outcomes. By the end of the program, you will have a toolbox full of manual therapy approaches that you can use to treat your patients.”
– Dr. Dimitrios Kostopoulos & Dr. Konstantine Rizopoulos, Founders of Hands-On Seminars
- Discuss general and specific principles for the evaluation/assessment of the Shoulder – Elbow and Hand joints
- Practice evaluation/assessment methods for the Shoulder – Elbow and Hand Joints
- Present, demonstrate and practice the evidence of Shoulder – Elbow and Hand pathology myofascial pain theory and treatment (Travell, Simons)
- Discuss the evidence, theory and physiological mechanisms of the Muscle Energy Technique (Chaitow, Lewitt, Janda, Evjenth)
- Demonstrate and practice Muscle Energy Technique for clinical cases with Shoulder – Elbow and Hand Pathology
- Discuss the evidence, theory and physiological mechanisms of the Strain – CounterStrain Technique (Jones, Chaitow)
- Demonstrate and practice Strain – CounterStrain Technique for clinical cases with Shoulder – Elbow and Hand Pathology
- Present and discuss general neurophysiological and neurodynamic principles of the peripheral nervous systems (Butler, Elvey, Shacklock)
- Discuss classification models of neural pathology as it pertains to Shoulder – Elbow and Hand Pathology
- Demonstrate and practice the neurodynamic evaluation and learn how to classify neural pathology clinical cases with Shoulder – Elbow and Hand Patholog
- Demonstrate and practice neuromobilization techniques for clinical cases with Shoulder – Elbow and Hand Pathology
- Discuss the evidence, theory and physiological mechanisms of the Proprioceptive system (Janda)
- Demonstrate and practice Proprioceptive evaluation methods
- Demonstrate and practice proprioceptive therapy techniques in clinical cases with Shoulder – Elbow and Hand Pathology
- Present and discuss the evidence of mobilization/manipulation in regards to the Shoulder – Elbow and Hand Pathology (Maitland, Cyriax, Kaltenborn, Paris)
- Discuss the various models of mobilization/manipulation, their applications and limitations
- Discuss safety measures for the application of mobilization/manipulation
- Demonstrate and practice safely a variety of mobilization/manipulation techniques
- Create appropriate mobilization/manipulation treatment protocols based on the specific patient pathology
This is an essential 2-day Live plus Online seminar with immediate clinical applications teaching the most successful approaches for the evaluation and treatment of Shoulder – Elbow and Hand Pathology.
This effective and efficient approach enables the clinician to achieve immediate results, which are necessary under a changed health care system. Diagnosis and differential diagnosis are important components of this training.
You will learn advanced diagnostic and treatment techniques and practice them during extensive lab sessions. You will be able to apply the techniques in your practice immediately after the seminar. This is a promise!
Appropriate for PTs, PTAs, OTs, OTAs, LMTs, ATCs, and Physicians.
It is suggested that you complete the Online portion and online exam part of the course before you take the Live course, although this is not a requirement.
Course Outline Live Component – Daily Timeline
All classes are held at 32-44 31st St., Astoria, NY 11106
Day 1 Live
|08:30 – 10:00||Review of the Key Theory Evidence of the Manual Therapy Techniques learned at online component|
|10:00 – 11:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Rotaror Cuff Pathology (Epidemiology & Examination)|
|11:00 – 12:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Rotaror Cuff Pathology (Demonstration & Treatment Lab)|
|12:00 – 13:00||Lunch Break|
|13:00 – 14:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Rotaror Cuff Pathology Continuation (Demonstration & Treatment Lab)|
|14:00 – 15:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Frozen Shoulder (Epidemiology & Examination)|
|15:00 – 17:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Frozen Shoulder (Demonstration & Treatment Lab)|
|17:00 – 17:30||Questions & Answers – Clinical Discussion|
Day 2 Live
|08:30 – 09:30||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Tennis & Golfer’s Elbow (Epidemiology & Examination)|
|09:30 – 10:30||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Tennis & Golfer’s Elbow (Demonstration & Treatment Lab)|
|10:30 – 11:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Trigger finger; Trigger Thumb (Epidemiology & Examination)|
|11:00 – 12:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Trigger finger; Trigger Thumb (Demonstration & Treatment Lab)|
|12:00 – 13:00||Lunch Break|
|13:00 – 14:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Median Neuropathy at the wrist vs Double Crush Syndrome (Epidemiology & Examination)|
|14:00 – 15:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Median Neuropathy at the wrist vs Double Crush Syndrome (Demonstration & Treatment Lab)|
|15:00 – 15:30||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Ulnar Neuropathy at the elbow & wrist (Epidemiology & Examination)|
|15:30 – 16:30||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Ulnar Neuropathy at the elbow & wrist (Demonstration & Treatment Lab)|
|16:30 – 17:00||Clinical correlations & Creation of Treatment Protocols|
|17:00 – 17:30||Questions – Answers – Clinical Discussion|
Appropriate Lab Attire to Expose the Trunk, Upper & Lower Extremities is Required. Bring a pillow and an exercise mat if you like.
Hands-on Seminars is the leading continuing education organization with a purpose to provide the best quality Manual Therapy seminars at an affordable cost. Our instructor’s unique teaching methods and the use of multimedia presentations exceed industry standards while enhance knowledge assimilation and create a pleasant learning environment. While we schedule several seminars in the U.S. and around the world, we also give the ability even to smaller facilities to sponsor one of our courses. Our goal is to provide you with the tools you need to meet the daily challenges of providing quality patient care.