MCMT GENERAL GUIDELINES AND FAQ
- The New MCMT® program is a hybrid online & live program that includes 12 days of Live program delivered by approved Hands-On Seminars Certified faculty plus Online content delivered by HOS founders. This approved HOS faculty can be local faculty in the country or region of interest. All materials which are property of HOS founders Dr. Dimitrios Kostopoulos and Dr. Konstantine Rizopoulos are licensed to HOS for the exclusive use of faculty for the delivery of the MCMT® product and no other use. Such faculty receives a special certification to be able to deliver the course components of the MCMT® program, except of the final certification course. Faculty certificates can be revoked at any time in cases of any faculty irregularity and with that the permission of such faculty to teach the MCMT® courses.
- The final MCMT® CERTIFICATION course can only be delivered by HOS Founders Dr. Kostopoulos and Dr. Rizopoulos or by authorized Senior Faculty of HOS specifically trained to deliver this final program. Such faculty receives a special certification to be able to deliver the final MCMT® certification course. Faculty certificates can be revoked at any time in cases of any faculty irregularity and with that the permission of such faculty to teach the MCMT® courses.
- Students can take the PT-01 to PT-MCMT® courses:
- Because they just want to learn a technique or method
- Because they want to obtain CEUs and of course
- Because they want to complete the entire Certification program and achieve competency and excellence in Manual Therapy and enjoy the MCMT® title next to their names while helping thousands of patients find pain relief and restore their function.
- A student can take the Online portion of the course too and will be awarded certificates of completion but not the MCMT® Certification. For someone to be awarded the MCMT® Certification must complete successfully both the Online and Live portion of the courses.
- Students who take a single course without having the intention to achieve MCMT® certification will only have to take an online exam upon the completion of the online component of the course.
- Students who take the program with the intention of achieving MCMT® Certification will have to take an online exam upon the completion of the online component of the course and complete a patient assignment within 2 months from completion of the live portion of the respective course. The HOS Platinum partner in the region must provide HOS with students’ names and e-mail addresses so that HOS can provide online access to the student in order for them to complete the online exam and the assignments.
- Assignments have a separate financial cost above and beyond the cost of the actual course.
- Courses PT-01 to PT-05 can be taken in any order, yet it is suggested that the student takes the online component of the course before they come to the live course.
- Each of the 6 courses PT-01 to PT-MCMT® have a corresponding manual that is included with registration to the course. HOS will provide the course manual to the Platinum partner in PDF format and the Platinum partner is responsible to arrange any translations needed and to provide a quality product to the course participants.
- Each of the 5 courses PT-01 to PT-05 have a corresponding ONLINE component that is suggested to be watched by course attendees before they come to the Live course. However, non-completion of the online component of the course is NOT a reason to disqualify students from attending the live course. HOS will provide promotional materials to the Platinum partner for such online courses and the Platinum partner is responsible to arrange any translations needed and to provide a quality promotional product to the course participants.
- All Hands-On Seminars materials are copyrighted and their use is governed by International and US copyright law. Use of the materials in any shape or form must be done with the written consent and direction of Hands-On Seminars. No Hands-On Seminars materials (course manuals, powerpoint presentations, videos, marketing, and public relations materials and any other materials related to Hands-On Seminars and its programs and courses) are to be used for any reason without prior written consent by Hands-On Seminars.
- Course certificates need to follow Hands-On Seminars guidelines and must contain the Certificate Index code to be valid. This code will be provided to you by the Hands-On Seminars administration. You need to provide Hands-On Seminars with a list of the course participants and their e-mail addresses in order for Hands-On Seminars to provide you with the student Certificate Index code and with access to the exams for each of the courses.
- All financial arrangements between Hands-On Seminars and the Platinum Partner will be made in a separate agreement.
Graduation Requirements from the Mastery Certification in Manual Therapy (MCMT®) Program:
- Successful completion of all courses PT-1 to PT-5. These can be taken in any order.
- Completion of PT-01 to PT-05 online course exams.
- Completion of PT-01 to PT-05 patient course assignments.
- Successful completion of final course PT-MCMT®.
- Passing score of the Written Comprehensive Exam.
- Passing score of the Practical Clinical Exam.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can attend this program?
PTs, PTAs, OTs, OTAs, LMTs, ATCs, and Physicians with an interest in the area of Manual Therapy are candidates for the MCMT® complete certification program. Other healthcare professionals may apply and get considered by the Academic Committee.
What are the course requirements?
The candidate must complete the following 6 courses at their own pace. No-prerequisites. Courses can be taken in any order. At the completion of each course, submit the online course exam and the patient course assignment. You will have to complete and present a Qualifying Group Project presented at the final MCMT® course. At the final course PT-MCMT® you will also take a written and practicum exam.
PT-1 (2-days Live plus Online): Evidence Problem-Based Manual Therapy for the Treatment of MyoFascial Trigger Points
PT-2 (2-days Live plus Online): Evidence Problem-Based Manual Therapy for Cervical & Thoracic Spine Pathology
PT-3 (2-days Live plus Online): Evidence Problem-Based Manual Therapy for Lumbar Spine & Sacro-iliac Joint Pathology
PT-4 (2-days Live plus Online): Evidence Problem-Based Manual Therapy for Shoulder – Elbow & Hand Pathology
PT-5 (2-days Live plus Online): Evidence Problem-Based Manual Therapy for Hip – Knee & Ankle Pathology
PT-MCMT® CERTIFICATION (2-days Live plus Online): MCMT® Certification Course
In Summary, there are 3 steps that you need to take to become MCMT® Certified:
Step 1: Take the 5 courses (PT-01 to PT-05) and pass the online exams
Step 2: Complete 5 patient course assignments (one for each course)
Step 3: Take the final PT-MCMT® course and pass the written and practical exams
You are now MCMT® certified!
When and where can I attend these courses? Is there an order that I have to take the courses or any pre-requisites?
These courses are been offered by Hands-On Seminars and its affiliate Platinum partner organizations several times every year in various regions of the US and around the world as well as via our Online portal and students have the flexibility to attend any of these courses at any time.
All of the courses can be taken in any order and they have no prerequisites. An exception is the PT- MCMT® course that can be taken after all other courses have been completed.
Do I have to take an exam after each course?
Yes. You have to take and pass an online exam. The exam requires a 70% passing score. In the rare event that you fail the exam, you can retake it up to three times. If you do not pass it after the 3rd attempt then we will provide you with a remedial study program and upon its completion, you can then retake the exam.
If you are taking this course as part of the MCMT® curriculum then you have to complete a patient course assignment within 2 months of the completion of the course. There is a $90 administrative fee for the patient course assignment and for us to provide you with the necessary feedback. Patient assignments have a Pass/Fail grade and you receive a separate certificate at the completion of an assignment.
Is there an additional cost of the course when I use it towards Mastery Certification?
There is a patient course assignment administrative fee of $90 per course in order for us to handle, correct and evaluate your course assignment. You submit this payment along with your assignment. Patient assignments have a Pass/Fail grade and you receive a separate certificate at the completion of an assignment.
Do I get awarded regular CEUs at the state where I belong?
When we teach in states that require CEUs we always apply with the state and we award state CEUs for our courses. If you are attending a course in a state that we have not applied for CEU credit, we will help you with all paperwork to obtain such CEU credit from your state.
Can I take your courses without going for the Mastery Certification?
Absolutely Yes! Many of the people who attend our courses do not participate in the Mastery Certification program, however, we strongly encourage all therapists to work to achieve their MCMT® certification. This program is appropriate only for those few who want to excel and to become experts in the area of Manual Therapy.
What happens during the PT-MCMT® (Mastery Certification in Manual Therapy) course and what are the requirements for me to attend?
The PT-MCMT® course is open ONLY to those students who have successfully completed PT-01 to PT-05. The course will provide an overall review of selected manual therapy techniques taught in the previous courses, along with certain advanced technique details. A written and practical exam will take place during the course. All students are expected to pass these exams since the previous training provided during our course sequence is very thorough and intense.
PT-MCMT® cannot be taken online but ONLY as a LIVE course offered a few times per year.
Can I put any initials next to my name after completing the Mastery Certification in Manual Therapy program?
You are allowed to use MCMT® – Mastery Certification in Manual Therapy next to your name. You need to understand though that certifications are not academic degrees. They are rather designations of competency and recognition for accomplishing an organized, comprehensive, and competitive program that includes specific testing procedures. When you successfully finish the program you can use the MCMT® designation.
What can I do if I have taken some of your courses in the past and want to apply for MCMT®?
If you have taken any of our courses in the past you can complete the patient course assignment, pay the administrative fee of $90 and complete any other courses that are requirements for your attendance of the final MCMT® Certification course.
What can I do to enroll in the Mastery Certification in Manual Therapy program and what should I expect?
Fill out an online application and return it to us in order for us to create your student folder.
Start taking our courses PT-01 to PT-05 in any sequence you wish along with the corresponding exams.
Purchase and study the required and mandatory supplementary products for the MCMT® program. Study each product before the corresponding course you take.
Upon completion of each course complete the course exam so that we award you the required credit as well as the patient course assignment.
Upon completion of all 5 courses, you can register for the PT-MCMT® course (Mastery Certification in Manual Therapy course).
Successfully complete written and practical exams during the PT-MCMT® course and become Certified in Manual Therapy.
How can I obtain an application and get more information?
Call Hands-On Seminars at 1-212-246-4066 and we will guide you through the entire process. We can fill out your application over the phone or submit one through the Internet.