Chaitow Online Courses Bundle
Presented by Dr. Leon Chaitow
- Type – Online
- Duration – 58 Contact Hours
- Appropriate for – PTs, PTAs, OTs, OTAs, and Physicians
- Language – English
The Chaitow Online Bundle at a Glance
If you are working on soft tissue and muscles, you are also working on fascia. This course discusses the fascia and how to treat disorders of its function. You will learn the latest understanding relating to the anatomy and physiology of fascia. The course (10 Contact Hours) covers the following:
- different functions of the fascia including its capabilities
- purpose and functions of myofibroblasts
- historical link between trigger points and fascia
- various assessment methods including local and functional approaches
- patterns where fascia could be more restricted
Dr. Chaitow discusses the advances of this effective technique with his lifelong experience of treating thousands of patients. This course explores the methodology of different models of MET for a variety of forms of somatic dysfunction including standard, slow eccentric, and rhythmic MET. This course (24 Contact Hours) covers the following:
- musculoskeletal stress response sequences, chain reactions & crossed syndromes
- variations for the treatment of joint restrictions, and soft tissue shortening/dysfunction
- MET as applied in acute and chronic settings
- Pulsed MET for proprioceptive rehabilitation and spinal – pelvic mobilization
Disordered breathing patterns may be a symptom or a cause of frequently undiagnosed health problems. This course is intended to help you understand the causes and effects of disordered breathing and provide protocols to help restore normal function. This course (24 Contact Hours) covers:
- signs and symptoms of functional breathing pattern disorders
- the difference between these and pathological respiratory conditions
- the connection between BPD and symptoms involving circulatory, neurological, psychological, and metabolic processes
- standard assessment methods including capnography, the Nijmegen Questionnaire, and Rowley Breathing Self-efficacy Scale (RoBE)
Will I have any direct interaction with Dr. Chaitow from this course?
Unfortunately, Dr. Chaitow passed away in 2018. These are the only existing fully developed online courses created by Leon Chaitow in collaboration with Hands-On Seminars. By permission of Leon Chaitow’s estate, these courses will remain available and supported and updated where necessary by his closest colleagues. The recommended reading material included in each module contains the information that will ultimately lead to success in the module tests.
How long will I have access to this course?
Upon opening, you will have 1-year access to complete this course. All content is downloadable and yours to keep. After 1 year, only the opened content will be in your completed courses tab which you will be able to revisit after the 1 year is up and after completion.
Do some exam questions contain multiple answers?
Yes, some of the questions from the exams on these courses contain multiple answers. It is up to you to decide based on your learned knowledge which requires more than one correct answer.
If I have further questions regarding the course content or exams, what should I do?
Please contact us at [email protected] so that we may assist you.
Dr. Leon Chaitow, ND, DO (deceased 2018)
Dr. Chaitow is a world-renowned practicing naturopath, osteopath, and acupuncturist in the United Kingdom, with over forty years clinical experience. Dr. Chaitow was Editor-in-Chief, of the Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies.
He regularly lectured in the United States as well as Europe where he instructed physiotherapists (Holland and USA), osteopaths (Spain and UK), chiropractors (Denmark, USA and UK) as well as massage therapists (Ireland, Sweden, USA). He was a senior lecturer by London’s University of Westminster on under and postgraduate courses in therapeutic bodywork and naturopathy.
In 1993, he became the first naturopath/osteopath to be appointed as consultant to a UK government-funded conventional medical practice. A prolific author, Chaitow wrote over 60 books on natural health and alternative medicine.