Cervical Thoracic Spine Pathology Course
Presented by Hands-On Faculty
- Type – Online
- Duration – 10 Contact Hours
- Appropriate for – PTs, PTAs, OTs, OTAs, LMTs, ATCs, and Physicians
- Language – English
- What is Cervical Pseudo-radiculopathy and how do we treat it?
- How to get a headache disappear in less than 10 minutes?
- How can you help patients avoid neck pain resulting from “texting” or being on the computer?
- What treatment can provide the best positive change in 24 hrs?
Get answers to these questions and to many more by taking this Online Evidence Problem-Based Manual Therapy for Cervical & Thoracic Spine Pathology course!
This is an Online seminar that teaches the most successful approaches for the evaluation and treatment of Cervical and Thoracic Spine pathology and has been attended by over 30,000 therapists world-wide. This is a training seminar with immediate clinical applications. Participants learn a comprehensive therapeutic approach for the evaluation and treatment of the following:
- Acute and Chronic Neck Pain
- Stiff Neck
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Cervical Pseudo – Radiculopathy
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Acute and Chronic Thoracic Spine Pain
Orthopedic, Neurologic and Pain conditions can effectively be treated with this method.
The course covers basic theory and the following evidence-based manual therapy techniques for Cervical & Thoracic Spine Pathology:
- Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy
- Strain & Counter-Strain
- Muscle Energy Technique
- Mobilization & Manipulation
- Proprioceptive Training
This course is part of the MCMT® continuing education certification program that offers expanded study and clinical practicum in the most important, most effective, and most widely used areas of Manual Therapy.
This course offers a unique comprehensive approach for Cervical & Thoracic Spine pathology that combines over 56 years of cumulative clinical experience of Dr. Kostopoulos & Dr. Rizopoulos, authors of Best Selling Manual Therapy texts and founders of Hands-On Seminars, with many of the teachings of leading manual therapy doctors such as: Travell & Simons, Maitland & Cyriax, Butler, Elvey & Shacklock, Janda, Lewit, Chaitow, Kaltenborn, Paris & others.
The MCMT® program offers the clinician a series of comprehensive evidence-based training seminars such as the Cervical & Thoracic Spine Pathology course with immediate clinical applications that enable the clinician to demonstrate competency and become an expert in manual therapy.
“At Hands-On Seminars we believe that any single manual therapy approach in isolation, and any single school of thought does not provide a cure for all patients’ problems. We believe that successful clinical outcomes are the result of a comprehensive, eclectic manual therapy approach. You as a therapist, need to master a number of manual therapy approaches so that you can select the proper combination for your specific patient. With Hands-On Seminars MCMT® program you get just that! We have selected for you – from a variety of physical therapy approaches – the most effective and efficient, evidence-based manual therapy techniques that when combined with proper assessments can lead to successful treatment outcomes. By the end of the program, you will have a toolbox full of manual therapy approaches that you can use to treat your patients.”
– Dr. Dimitrios Kostopoulos & Dr. Konstantine Rizopoulos, Founders of Hands-On Seminars
- Discuss general and specific principles for the evaluation/assessment of the Cervical & Thoracic Spines
- Practice evaluation/assessment methods for the Cervical & Thoracic spines.
- Present, demonstrate and practice the evidence of cervical myofascial pain theory and treatment (Travell, Simons)
- Present the evidence and the physiology of the Janda postural principles
- Demonstrate and practice postural therapeutics based on Janda principles for clinical cases with Cervical & Thoracic spine pathology
- Discuss the evidence, theory and physiological mechanisms of the Muscle Energy Technique (Chaitow, Lewitt, Janda, Evjenth)
- Demonstrate and practice Muscle Energy Technique for clinical cases with Cervical & Thoracic spine pathology
- Discuss the evidence, theory and physiological mechanisms of the Strain – CounterStrain Technique (Jones, Chaitow)
- Demonstrate and practice Strain – CounterStrain Technique for clinical cases with Cervical & Thoracic spine pathology
- Present and discuss general neurophysiological and neurodynamic principles of the peripheral and central nervous systems (Butler, Elvey, Shacklock, Upledger)
- Discuss classification models of neural pathology as it pertains to Cervical & Thoracic spine pathology
- Demonstrate and practice the neurodynamic evaluation and learn how to classify neural pathology clinical cases with Cervical & Thoracic spine pathology
- Demonstrate and practice neuromobilization techniques for clinical cases with Cervical & Thoracic spine pathology
- Discuss the evidence, theory and physiological mechanisms of the central neurofascia and cranial osteopathy techniques
- Demonstrate and practice basic treatment methods for the central neurofascia in clinical cases with Cervical & Thoracic spine pathology
- Discuss the evidence, theory and physiological mechanisms of the proprioceptive system (Janda)
- Demonstrate and practice proprioceptive evaluation methods
- Demonstrate and practice proprioceptive therapy techniques in clinical cases with Cervical & Thoracic spine pathology
- Present and discuss the evidence of mobilization/manipulation in regards the cervical & thoracic spines (Maitland, Cyriax, Kaltenborn, Paris)
- Discuss the various models of mobilization/manipulation, their applications and limitations
- Discuss safety measures for the application of mobilization/manipulation
- Demonstrate and practice safely a variety of mobilization/manipulation techniques
- Create appropriate mobilization/manipulation treatment protocols based on the specific patient pathology
This is an essential online seminar with immediate clinical applications teaching the most successful approaches for the evaluation and treatment of Cervical & Thoracic spine pathology.
This effective and efficient approach enables the clinician to achieve immediate results, which are necessary under a changed health care system. Diagnosis and differential diagnosis are important components of this training.
You will learn advanced diagnostic and treatment techniques and view extensive lab demonstrations. You will be able to apply the techniques in your practice immediately after the course. This is a promise!
Appropriate for PTs, PTAs, OTs, OTAs, LMTs, ATCs, and Physicians.
Daily Timeline if you watched this Online course continuously over a 2-day period &
Practiced the Techniques with a Colleague or Friend
|08:30 – 10:00||Review of the Key Theory Evidence of the Manual Therapy Techniques learned at online component|
|10:00 – 10:30||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Headaches (Epidemiology & Examination)|
|10:30 – 12:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Headaches (Demonstration & Treatment Lab)|
|12:00 – 13:00||Lunch Break|
|13:00 – 14:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of TMJ Dysfunction (Epidemiology & Examination)|
|14:30 – 15:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of TMJ Dysfunction (Demonstration & Treatment Lab)|
|15:00 – 16:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Shoulder / Neck Syndrome (Epidemiology & Examination)|
|16:00 – 17:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Shoulder / Neck Syndrome (Demonstration & Treatment Lab)|
|17:00 – 17:30||Questions & Answers – Clinical Discussion|
|08:30 – 10:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Neck Stiffness & Pseudo-radiculopathy (Epidemiology & Examination)|
|10:00 – 12:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Neck Stiffness & Pseudo-radiculopathy (Demonstration & Treatment Lab)|
|12:00 – 13:00||Lunch Break|
|13:00 – 14:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Cervical Disc Disease & Cervical Radiculopathy (Epidemiology & Examination)|
|14:00 – 15:00||Clinical Case: Evaluation & Treatment of Cervical Disc Disease & Cervical Radiculopathy (Demonstration & Treatment Lab)|
|15:00 – 16:00||Lab Session Review of Various Techniques|
|16:00 – 17:00||Clinical correlations & Creation of Treatment Protocols|
|17:00 – 17:30||Questions – Answers – Clinical Discussion|
Contact Hours: 10
Hands-on Seminars is the leading continuing education organization with a purpose to provide the best quality Manual Therapy seminars at an affordable cost. Our instructor’s unique teaching methods and the use of multimedia presentations exceed industry standards while enhance knowledge assimilation and create a pleasant learning environment. While we schedule several seminars in the U.S. and around the world, we also give the ability even to smaller facilities to sponsor one of our courses. Our goal is to provide you with the tools you need to meet the daily challenges of providing quality patient care.