A comprehensive presentation of basic principles of ultrasound and the normal sonoanatomy of the upper and lower extremities that includes wrist & Hand, elbow, shoulder, ankle & foot, knee and hip. Didactic lecture for each joint is followed by lab demonstration and practical by the participants.
After a foundational presentation of normal sonoanatomy, image optimization, image orientation, and an image interpretation algorithm, systematic protocols for shoulder, elbow, hand/wrist, hip, knee, foot/ankle, and special topics are presented.
Demonstration of the established scan protocols via didactic sessions are coupled with hands-on practice sessions giving the student adequate opportunity to be initially exposed to handling the ultrasound transducer, accurately and efficiently obtaining and labeling images, and developing interpretation skills.
The student has in-depth knowledge of musculoskeletal anatomy, and this will be valuable as you begin to appreciate standard orientation of the anatomy on ultrasound. Students may be asked to present images for review and critique.
Worldwide, more and more healthcare professionals are tapping the well of diagnostic sonography—it is quickly becoming the standard of care for visualizing musculoskeletal anatomy.
Upper extremity MSKUS: 1/14/22 – 1/16/22
Fellowship MSKUS: 1/28/22 – 1/30/22
Lower extremity MSKUS: 2/18/22 – 2/20/22
Upper extremity MSKUS: 4/29/22 – 5/1/22
Lower extremity MSKUS: 5/20/22 – 5/22/22
Fellowship MSKUS: 7/29/22 – 7/31/22
Upper extremity MSKUS: 8/12/22 – 8/14/22
Lower extremity MSKUS: 9/30/22 – 10/2/22
Upper extremity MSKUS: 11/11/22 – 11/13/22
Lower extremity MSKUS: 12/16/22 – 12/18/22
All labs are held in Astoria, New York:
Hands-On Diagnostics HQ – 32-44 31st St, Astoria, NY 11106
What You Will Receive
- Obtain the title FMSK® – Fellow in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound and use it after your name
The FMSK title is exclusive to all of our fellowship graduates. The title evinces competence in Musculoskeletal Ultrasonography achieved through vigorous training, studying and testing that advances the physical therapist to an expert in Ultrasound imaging.
- Access to on-line lectures and quizzes
- Electronic access to lecture content
- 9 Live educational days consisting of:
- Lab demonstration
- Case studies
- Expert faculty guided lab practice (~75% of all on-site time)
- MSKUS interpretation & report writing exercises
- Written exams
- Practical exams
- The Sonosim Simulator for virtual mentorship of cases as determined by mentor (including 1 year license of use upon registration)
- Live Anatomy Course with Cadavers and Scanning Experience or Live Patient Experience
- 12 Normal Study Assessments
- 60 Real Patient Study Assessments (10 per joint)
- Preparatory Course for RMSK exam
- Free attendance of the Hands-On Diagnostics Symposium – An Advanced Clinical Event
- 2 days live onsite individual mentor visits
- extra 90 Real Patient Study Assessments (150 in total)
All AAMU students are offered and required to earn POCUS Certification Academy Fundamental certificate and receive discounts for other specialty certificates. Our students will be offered the following by the POCUS academy:
- Personalized candidate portal;
- One (1) POCUS Fundamentals Certificate exam;
- 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ upon successful passing of the POCUS Fundamentals Certificate exam;
- A digital certification badge upon successful passing of the POCUS Fundamentals Certificate exam; and
- Lifetime access to POCUS Fundamentals educational modules upon successfully passing the POCUS Fundamentals Certificate exam.
Join the Only Fellowship Program in Ultrasonography Worldwide to Guarantee Your Success!
Talk to a HODS Expert
"It is great to be able to include diagnostics in physical therapy and have a good level of reimbursements." - Christina Panetta, PT
(Already a HODS Partner? Call your account manager or contact us here for assistance.)