EMG/NCV Interpretation Course
Appropriate for PTs, DCs, MDs, DOs, NPs, PAs, DPMs (podiatrists), RNs
16 hours of online education using real cases to explain the findings often used in EMG/NCV reports. Learn from the experts.
Learn the principles of EMG/NCV testing and apply that knowledge to actual patient case studies. Analyze test data from a patient chart and make accurate clinical judgments as to accuracy and prognosis.
Talk to a Diagnostics Expert
"Doing diagnostics can actually revolutionize where Physical Therapy is going and change the way we look at a patient and interact with physicians with this information." - Christina Panetta, PT
- This highly interactive Course provides the licensed health care practitioner with the basic skills to read, understand and interpret the results of an EMG/NCV REPORT.
- The interpretation allows the licensed health care practitioner the opportunity to identify important markers for case management.
- This Course is not a skill-oriented Course in that techniques and laboratory are not included as content.
- Topics included in the Course include: Anatomy, physiology, biomedical instrumentation, neurophysiology, neuroanatomy, ethics, and other related basic science items at a technical level.
- All material is centered on evidence-based principles.
Who may enroll?
Enrollment is offered to any health care practitioner who has a state license where interpretation of EMG/NCV is within their scope of practice.
Continuing education hours awarded
16 CEU Category II CMES – applied for by the registrant.
Continuing education credit (CE) is provided by DConline/University of Western States. While applications relating to credit hours for license renewal in selected states have been executed for these programs, it remains attendees’ responsibility to contact the state board(s) from which they seek continuing education credits for purposes of ensuring said board(s) approval of both venue and content as they relate to any seminar/course/lecture/webinar/online presentation (event). Neither a speaker’s or exhibitor’s presence at said event, nor product mention or display, shall in any way constitute DConline/UWS endorsement. DConline/UWS’s role is strictly limited to processing, submitting, and archiving program documents on behalf of course provider.
General conduct of course
- Lectures (participant has opportunity to download lectures approximately three weeks ahead of lecture).
- Demonstrated laboratory process.
- Sufficient time to communicate with expert clinicians.
Common questions about the course
View our FAQ’s