EMG/NCV Interpretation Course
Appropriate for PTs, DCs, MDs, DOs, NPs, PAs, DPMs (podiatrists), RNs
16 hours of online education using real cases to explain the findings often used in EMG/NCV reports. Learn from the experts.
Learn the principles of EMG/NCV testing and apply that knowledge to actual patient case studies. Analyze test data from a patient chart and make accurate clinical judgments as to accuracy and prognosis.
Talk to a Diagnostics Expert
"Doing diagnostics can actually revolutionize where Physical Therapy is going and change the way we look at a patient and interact with physicians with this information." - Christina Panetta, PT
- This highly interactive Course provides the licensed health care practitioner with the basic skills to read, understand and interpret the results of an EMG/NCV REPORT.
- The interpretation allows the licensed health care practitioner the opportunity to identify important markers for case management.
- This Course is not a skill-oriented Course in that techniques and laboratory are not included as content.
- Topics included in the Course include: Anatomy, physiology, biomedical instrumentation, neurophysiology, neuroanatomy, ethics, and other related basic science items at a technical level.
- All material is centered on evidence-based principles.
Who may enroll?
Enrollment is offered to any health care practitioner who has a state license where interpretation of EMG/NCV is within their scope of practice.
Continuing education hours awarded
16 CEU Category II CMES – applied for by the registrant.
General conduct of course
- Lectures (participant has opportunity to download lectures approximately three weeks ahead of lecture).
- Demonstrated laboratory process.
- Sufficient time to communicate with expert clinicians.
Common questions about the course
View our FAQ’s